Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A quick note / some sharing of anxieties

I received feedback from my adviser today on my NSF proposal, and I am feeling a bit deflated.

Turns out I have about 50 different threads, and I don't know how they fit together, and as I write about them I'm also worried about the fact that I fit less and less with Sarah's interests...

I struggle so much with quick proposal academic writing. In my head, the connections to things make so much sense. When I verbalize them, people seem to understand. And then when I write them down, poof! The connections are lost.

We are sitting down on Monday to look at it, and I'll commit some time to it on Sunday. Until then, I just need to put it out of my mind and focus on the rest of the work for my thesis: read like crazy, complete interviews, and do archival work!

No comments: